Sunday 7 July 2013

waiting for the signal ( a work essay inspired on Kathy Acker/Cindy Sherman) 1985 - Published at V.O. magazine-

During the spring of 85 in Barcelona, I decided I wanted to become a character , a role and archetype , to rehearse how to actually become some one on my mind for a series of pictures representing a doomed woman, an addict and prostitute, inspired as well by the area of Barcelona where I used to live , next to so many other artist, the sort of downtown for our little mediterranean city... El Raval, Las Ramblas and el Born...
I had seen the pictures of Cindy Sherman posing as a film actor on a series of stills and I thought
this could be an interesting departure point for me, at the time working as a dancer/ actress and editing a magazine V.O.
A sequence of this pictures went published at the last issue of V.O.
Next to a text from a song by Sergio Makaroff , a song writer and musician based in Barcelona
from Argentina.
From the perspective that time gives, I can see how this attraction to represent doomed feminine characters is rooted in my poetic and life real experiences.
Seems much more special and deep a woman who loses..a lost woman.. or girl..
I know why...but this I will tell always subliminally inside my work.
And if you feel like , then try to guess..






No comments:

Post a Comment